In August 2015, Dymond Hollow Church, Harding, Exeter Twp., voted to close the doors of its historic sanctuary for the final time. The decision was based primarily on the changing times, but the church, which has stood since 1869, wouldn’t be so easily shuttered.
A stipulation of John Booth Dymond, who deeded the land for the sole purpose of constructing a place of worship, would be for the land to otherwise revert back to his descendants. Through the efforts of members of the church, a direct descendant was located — John Dymond, of Chambersburg, who readily agreed to preserve the church and now serves as president of the board of directors for the newly established non-denominational Dymond Hollow Community Church.
Sunday, Nov. 11, the Dymond Hollow community invites the public to join in celebration at a rededication service of the church that has once again opened its doors. The service will begin at 11:15 a.m,, officiated by layperson Dan Shission. A light luncheon will follow. All are welcomed. For information, call 570-388-2516 or 570-388-6616.